Assalamualaikum wbt.

The All-Knowing II

Saturday 27-28 ramadhan

It's 10 am in the morning, the time for my halaqah. Everyone in the halaqah was assigned tasks to share in the circle. One of them shared about taqwa, of which, is the output that we all muslims should aim for by the end of ramadhan. She also said that the input should be iman, so we should reflect ourselves whether or not we've entered ramadhan with good iman? And then only the process is fasting - and the biggest question; do we have the right input and process before we can actually attain taqwa?

oh. Perhaps Allah wants to help us attain taqwa hence this test.

When it was time (one of the halaqah agenda) to share about our own conditions and all.... I decided to share about my husband's condition as ive been keeping my worries to myself too long. To be honest I had know idea what to do, I'm not a medical student not to mention, nor a doctor. I cried out of grief, telling them my worries. Two of my halaqahmates are doctors so they suggested us to go to the Accidents & Emergency (A&E) dept straight away and we can even call ambulance to get there. Packed our clothes and off to the hospital.

His imbalance worsen.

After the medical staff assessed him and had him gone through CT scan, they asked us to go back home as the results look normal and wait for the scheduled appointment w the neurologist next week; just wait for a text confirming the appointment and if we didnt hear anything from them by wed, call them.

But that didnt soothe my worries at all. Doctor friends suggested that we go to a better hosp as we werent supposed to be sent home with his deteriorating condition.

That night, my husband had slurred speech and tremors even more frequent. I couldnt sleep, I wanted to make sure he kept breathing.

Sunday 28-29 ramadhan
We went to A&E at the Queen's Elizabeth (QE) Hospital, Birmingham early in the morning. This time, I insisted the doctor to get my husband checked by neurologist that same day. After a few checkups, and a worth wait, a neurologist came to see him. She noticed his imbalance and slurred speech as the symptoms become more persistent and permanent. So she got him warded to be further assessed and diagnosed, she wasnt sure how long will he be adimtted.

In the evening, another neurologist came with the first one. This time, I guess he was the consultant, cause he mentioned, 'My registrar said......'. Anyway, at the time they were still clueless about what mr hub experiencing. They needed him to have MRI scan to get a better picture of whats going on as the second CT scan done in QE, indicated the brain's normal, too.

Its been a very emotional day, but at least i know he's now taken care of (tho I still wanna make sure he's alright myself). I was also informed that in QE, there'll be a several teams (neurologists, radiologists etc) that'll get involve- a lil relief there.

Hye baby, daddy isnt well. Am sorry if mommy forgot to eat well cos most of the time mommy forgot about eating. Please bear with mommy for few more days, am sure daddy'll be alright and he's gonna take good care of both of us as soon as he's back, okay? In the meantime, take all the nutrition you need from mommy. Mommy'll try my best to take good care of us, but please forgive me if i do forget how to, sometimes. Please pray for our lil family as well, and we cant wait to see you. InsyaAllah by that time, daddy'll be back, able to hold you and athan to you. Am sure you'll be as strong as your daddy, as optimist, as cheerful, as empathetic, as he is.

Monday 29-30 ramadhan
He was woken up to have MRI early in the morning. From the MRI, neurologists said that there may be a midbrain inflammatory. It wasnt confirmed yet, they need to do further tests to rule out any other possibilities and they also need to wait for a report on the MRI from the radiologists. So he may have to stay in the hospital for another few weeks.

I just realized that his handwriting had worsen since a month ago. But at the time I thought he's not really in the mood to write (tho he looked like he's too focus while he's writing).

The symptoms became even more frequent and persistent. Friends now have started to notice his slurred speech. But insyaAllah he'll recover as nothing's impossible with Allah's will. Have faith, nsmg.

Im glad that we've been married long enough for me to be able to differentiate his normal condition and the symptoms before its too late. Glad that he's now married that he has his wife that stays 24/7 with him and be able to notice all the symptoms. Glad that at least, he has his wife to look after him in whatever condition he's in. Thank you Allah for all Your best plans. and O Allah please strengthen our iman and our family ties, and please give all of us a strong heart.

Please keep your duas coming, readers. Thank you.

1 comment:

nurulhusnazubir said...

Almost every hour i refresh this blog. Huuu. Waiting for some updates n positivity. Hope things are well there, dear :')