Assalamualaikum wbt.

palestine

Assalamualaikum wbt.

I promised myself that I'll write a post after the exams are over. The reason being, I started my degree ~6 years ago, and now its finally over biidzniLLah, hence this post is to express how grateful I am. Sorrylah tak straight to the point.

So, here's palestine news, before I start.

I'll be writing about how such news, changed my life, 6 years ago; 2010 - my first yr of being a uni student. Am grateful that Allah puts me in the right position, each time.

2009.
Intec life was fun. and. I was rebellious. So many things that I regret, yet so many things to be thankful for. Been in such position, that was Allah's unique way of leading me back to Him. That was when I prayed (bukan doa pun. lintasan je); He let me fly to NZ to further my studies so that I dont have to face all those things anymore. heh.

But I didnt wish to "transform" to a totally "new" me. anti kot.

2010.
Feb. still. rebellious. lol
fastforward the story. Peeps, remember Mavi Marmara?

I quote from Wikipedia,
The raid prompted widespread international reactions and demonstrations around the world.The United Nations Security Council condemned "those acts resulting in civilian deaths", demanded an impartial investigation of the raid, and called for the immediate release of civilians held by Israel. Israel released all passengers of the flotilla by 6 June 2010. The incident threatened the already deteriorating relations between Turkey and Israel. Turkish president Abdullah Gül described the raid as an attack on Turkey for the first time since World War I.
On 6th June 2010 (Sunday), we, the first years were called to a gathering. Short notice. The rebellious part had successfully been tamed, so there I was. Am glad Allah had softened my heart that time. Alhamdulillah. Btw, that was the first time I was exposed to an eye opening Islamic history. Pss, usually people name the program as "Ini Sejarah Kita", but there was no name for such gathering at the time, plus they didnt wanna use such name. Hence, the kakak decided to ask us,

"apa ya kita nak bagi nama program kita ni?"
"..." (almaklumlah adik adik time ni kan)
"kita bagi nama, daurah darurat.."

We were called because of the things that was happening with Mavi Marmara. And the gathering was then named Daurah Darurat because...we need to do something, like urgently! How cool was that?

I followed closely to the news, and I remember IHH website was taken down during the raid, but it was temporary (hope I remember it right).

That was one of my turning points, that was when I started to boycott the Israeli products, thanks to the biah created by kakak kakak. I was ignorant back then, hopefully not anymore.

Thats how powerful media is, and how a humanitarian act can give impact to individuals tho we always assume such acts will give least impact. Hey, who knows? I was one of the individuals who was touched by such act. Allahu A'lam. Just, never underestimate the media. It did changed how I perceive the conflict, and had brought the issue to my concern (despite being tired of the social network haha, penat nak kejar cerita semua orang =,=" I value real social interactions more).

So thats my story with Palestine, and how it had "changed" me. Am grateful for that. Emm should I call for a 5th year anniversary - 6th June 2015 - tomorrow? :P
Thats it. Ini bukan sejarah Palestine btw.

Ps: I dont remember the dates if youre wondering. I checked on it  by checking the date of written blog entry on Mavi Marmara cos I remember it was written right after the gathering.
Pss: Lets pray for them. please?

Alhamdulillah.

No comments: